CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Me to the Rescue!

Friday evening I was rushing out of the house, as usual, to get Landon from daycare before 6:30. As I was driving down our street I saw this tiny, cute little white and tan long-haired Chihuahua walking in the middle of the street. She looked very clean and well taken care of so I thought I would try to catch her and take her back to her owner before she got ran over by a car or eaten by a coyote. I stopped in the middle of our street and got out to go get her and she took off...she was gone! So I got in my car and followed her to the next street over where she almost got hit by a car. After almost being hit by a car, she made a little u-turn and started going back towards our street. She stopped for a minute so I got out of my car again and slowly approached her. She looked scared out of her mind and I wasn't sure if she was going to bit me because she looked like she was very capable of doing so. Her and I got to know each other for a minute then after that I was pretty sure I could pick her up without her biting me. So I picked her up and took her back to my car and she went with me to get Landon.She had no collar and no tags on her.

On our way home I drove around the neighborhood to see if I could find anyone that could have possibly lost a dog, no luck. So I brought her in the house and I automatically knew I was going to get attached to this little cutie. She was very calm and scared. She likes to lick you, that's her way of getting to know you. We all got many kisses from her! We got her acclimated and she immediately found her safe spot/comfort spot...on our couch. She sat there most of the night. Landon would go over to the couch and talk to her, she would shower him with kisses and he would walk away. I tried to take her out back but she wanted nothing to do with it and headed right back to the back door. At that time I was thinking that someone is really missing their puppy right now, you could just tell that she does not spend much time outside. So she went back and forth Friday night laying with me on the couch and then laying with Brandon in his chair. She LOVES to cuddle. We tried to give her some of Lyla's food but she wouldn't eat or drink anything. When it was time for bed I put her in our little puppy kennel and put it in our bedroom, I did not hear a peep out of her the entire night.

This morning I woke up and I immediately took her outside to potty, she went and then we can back in. At that point I was thinking "OK...this dog likes to cuddle, check, she is calm, check, she does not bark, check and she is POTTY TRAINED, two checks!! Ummmm... This is my kind of dog!" NO dog that we have ever owned had any of these qualities, every dog we have ever gotten has been a puppy and they have always turned out to be little daemons!

All day she either sat in the chair, on the couch or followed me around as I was cleaning the house. I would take her out she would go to the bathroom, come back in and go right back to her safe spot. I gave her some canned dog food that we had and she finally ate the canned food and drank a little bit of water. Finally I decided it would be selfish of me to not try to find this baby's owner, so I made two signs to post at both entrances to our neighborhood.


We posted the signs around 2:00 p.m. on Saturday and as as now, at 12:52 a.m. on Sunday, nobody has called to claim her. We decided that we would keep the sign up until Tuesday, if nobody claims her then we are going to keep her. She is such a good dog and I have always wanted a lap dog like this. Lyla Bells, our 8 month old Yorkie, was supposed to be our little lap dog but she is way to hyper for that.

I have been doing some research on Chihuahuas and I am trying to determine how old she is. You can determine age of a dog by looking at their teeth. Based on my examination, I think she is between 3-5 years. If we end up keeping her then we will take her to the vet to find out her age and to make sure she has her shots and is healthy. We are all so attached to her now that we would be a little disappointed if she had to leave us!

 

1 comments:

Ivy Zamora

Shawna - I never knew you had a blog!! Just stumbled upon an old note of yours on FB and found it! Cool!

Post a Comment